Welcome to the KIAA (Kingston Information and Advice Alliance) website - If you need information or advice then follow the link to go to the Kingston One Click website which has a range of self help materials and an online submission form for further help - One Click website
Joining Kiaa -
If you belong to an agency that gives information and advice and want to become a member of Kiaa use the form below. Members of kiaa are working together to implement the Kingston Information and Advice Strategy. Membership is open to agencies from the Voluntary or Statutory or Private sector and being a member makes sure that you can stay up to date with issues that affect all agencies offering information and advice locally. Members commit to working together to improve services for clients, to have a stronger campaigning voice in shaping and delivering local services and to increase funding opportunities. So, if you can commit to this, you are welcome to join us..
Kiaa Objectives and Outcomes
Overall aim of kiaa
To enable the future provision of sustainable and robust information and advice services in Kingston upon Thames in line with the local Information and Advice Strategy
Summary of the kiaa strategic objectives:
- to improve coordination of information and advice in order to deliver comprehensive joined up services locally
- to raise awareness about the importance of high quality advice and best practices
- to enable the Alliance to contribute towards influencing strategic development in the local advice sector.
What we are going to do/hope to achieve:
- Map who is doing what in the information and advice sector in Kingston
- Support agencies to work together
- Signpost network members to sources of information and support about relevant quality standards and capacity building assistance
- Provide information for the network members on how to get involved on a strategic level.
To find out more about the Kiaa Group meetings just contact us for copies of the meeting notes.
During 2017 we recognised that, due to the Commissioning Framework for funding set out by the Royal Borough of Kingston, there may be instances where we find ourselves in competition rather than being able to work in partnership, which is our preferred and agreed default position for member agencies. We therefore devised our protocol for dealing with such situations: kiaa Competition Protocol
In case you are unsure if the network is relevant to your agency here are some definitions/examples of what we mean by information and advice.
- Information is data given to individuals. For instance, a leaflet about services available or a particular problem and how to resolve it.
- Advice is the application of such data to an individual’s circumstances. For instance, our information system shows that you can make a claim at the court, on the basis of the details you have given me about your situation.
- Legal advice is data applied to an individual’s situation which involves a legal point . For instance, this information shows that you can be pursued by the landlord for rent arrears and, under the legislation, if you do not pay then you could lose your home by the landlord taking you to court.
Please note: Once you have applied online, the wider group will be asked to confirm they are happy for you to join and then your application will be processed (usually about 7 working days). You will then have access to the noticeboard. Before your application is approved you will still have access to the other areas of the site - online directory of services etc.
If you have any comments or queries on this website, please contact email@example.com